|Staff of Optical Technologies; Vadim on the left (1998)|
of Vadim Makarov. For a brief printable version, see one-page CV (PDF)
Work experience and education
- 2019: professor at the Department of theoretical physics and quantum technologies at the National university of science and technology MISiS, Moscow, Russia.
- 2018: chief scientist and head of the Quantum hacking lab at the Russian Quantum Center, Moscow, Russia.
- 2018: visiting professor (20%) at Shanghai Institute for Advanced Studies, University of Science and Technology of China.
- 20122018: research assistant professor and head of the Quantum hacking lab at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
- • 20122017: member of the Institute for Quantum Computing.
- 20082012: postdoc in the Quantum Hacking group at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Electronics and Telecommunications.
- • 2011: three-month postdoc employment at the University Graduate Center in Kjeller, Norway.
- • Stays in research groups in Singapore, Erlangen (Germany), Waterloo (Canada).
- 20072008: postdoc at the Quantum optics and quantum information lab at the Pohang University of Science and Technology, Department of Physics.
- 19982007: PhD student in quantum cryptography
at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology,
Department of Electronics and Telecommunications.
Thesis title: Quantum cryptography and quantum cryptanalysis.
- • 20042007: stay at the St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Radiophysics Department
- • 2007: one-month stay at the Moscow State University, Laboratory of Spontaneous Parametric Down-Conversion
- • 2000: two-month stay at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Quantum Electronics and Quantum Optics group
- 19931998: Masters degree from the St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Radiophysics Department.
- • 1997: master thesis done at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Electronics and Telecommunications (thesis title: Study of characteristics of modified interrogation system for fiber Bragg grating sensors)
- • 19951997: employed as an electrical engineer and lab assistant at the Optical Technologies research laboratory at the St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University
19891993: technician degree in radiotechnics from the St. Petersburg Physical-Mechanical Engineering College (vocational education).
List of publications
20022003: president of the Russian Society of Trondheim
Other (former) interests
Photography, web publishing, national anthems
Date of birth: March 25, 1974
Place of birth: Leningrad, USSR
Nationality and citizenship: Russian
See also: Family photo archive